I am always looking for new ideas to try on the grill. This dish is easy, simple and delicious. Most onion bomb recipes call for wrapping the onion with foil and tossing them in a campfire but I simply put them directly on the grill and it worked great.
– Peel large onions
– Use the meat of your choice- I used sausage but ground beef or turkey works fine also
– Season- anything goes here- Italian spices, garlic, chili powder or ketchup and Worcestershire sauce work well if you want a meatloaf taste
– Peel your onions and cut them in half
– Prepare the meatballs how you want and stuff between the onions peels
– Use a wooden skewer to keep the ball intact
– Grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes, flip over and cook another 10 minutes
Enjoy this easy and tasty recipe.